Monday, December 7, 2009

A much needed update

Finals week is upon us poor, hapless college students! Oh noes!!1!!one!1!

So needless to say, the last few weeks I have been too busy to do very much at all, although I did find time to assemble a Dreadnought, having needed a break from painting. For some reason I looked at the model for the dreadnought and thought to myself: "this model is ripe for conversion!"

... until I assembled the thing realizing there isn't a whole lot to do to a dreadnought asides from tack on extra bits and maybe magnetize the weapon loadouts (thanks Reuben!)

As for my squad of marines, they are a ways from being finished, but at least the color scheme has fallen into place quite nicely, and I love how the sergeant looks with the tabard ;-)

I also have an idea about using non-GW heads to modify scouts to make them look more imposing. The link to the heads I want to use is

Hopefully I'll have a more substantial update next week when I don't have to worry about impending doom...

1 comment:

  1. First off: yes! That dark red is great. I bet it would take a black wash really well if you felt like going that far.

    The dread is a strange beast, it's arms are all swap-able, so you don't even really need magnets for the main weapons. I like the claw marks and bullet scoring you added. If you like the toga/tabard thing I found a banner of some sort that was the right size to use as a dreadnought's tabard.

    Those pig-iron heads are new, and look great! I can't wait to see your scouts with them. I'll miss their Bruce Campbell chins, but I'll live. :)